Lead Auditor Training
Receive concentrated and comprehensive training in the theory and practice of auditing. Using a step-by-step approach, you'll be guided through the entire audit process from initiation to follow-up. Over 5 days, you'll gain the knowledge and skills required to plan, organise, conduct, report and lead a successful management systems audit in accordance with the requirements of ISO 19011. Course exercises can be tailored to your organisation's own quality system processes culminating in a supervised internal audit.
Who should attend?
This course will benefit environmental, food safety and quality practitioners and those people responsible for planning and implementing business audit programs including supplier audits, regulatory audits or independent third party audits.
This course gives participants the skills needed to conduct internal or external audits as either a member of an audit team or as an audit team leader. Successful participants may also apply for provisional auditor grade under Exemplar Global certification scheme.
Course ObjectivesAfter successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand how an audit is planned, organised, conducted and followed-up in accordance with the guidelines of ISO 19011
- Apply the audit principles, activities and procedure to the management system of an organisation
- Understand the various audit activities and apply the techniques of auditing
- Understand and apply the roles and responsibilities of an auditor and team leader
What is covered in the Lead Auditor course?This course covers how to perform an audit in accordance with ISO 19011 both as a member of an audit team or as an audit team leader. Specifically participants learn:
- The ISO certification process, types of audits (1st, 2nd and 3rd party) and the differences between legal compliance and conformance with ISO standards.
- To understand and apply the roles and responsibilities of an auditor and team leader
- How to plan and implement audit programs
- How to organise and conduct assessments and audits,
- How to prepare audit checklists and audit plans
- Linking the auditing function to the organisations risk management processes
- The importance of the human aspects of audits including effective information gathering techniques
- Communicating audit findings and conclusions to add value
- Practice personal attributes and build relationships with auditees
- Create effective audit reports including corrective actions when non-compliances are identified, and recommendations for improvements as applicable
- Preparing and audit report and giving meaningful feedback
- Follow up activities including corrective and preventive action
During the course each participant prepares:
- A Document review
- An Audit Plan with timetable
- An Audit Checklist
- An Audit Report; and participates in
- An Audit interview
- An Opening, audit team and Closing meetings
On successful completion of the assessments participants will be issued with a Certificate of Attainment:
- Exemplar Global - AU Management Systems Auditing
- Exemplar Global - TL Manage Audit teams
Eligible participants may also receive a Statement of Attainment for:
- BSBAUD503 Lead a quality audit
- BSBAUD501 Initiate a quality audit
- BSBAUD402 Participate in a quality audit
- BSBAUD504 Report on a quality audit
Important information about auditor training with Skillswise
- There is no homework: all coursework and assessment is conducted during class hours
- There are no pre-requisites
- The certificate is issued promptly
- The auditor courses are nationally and internationally recognised
Approach to Assessment
Assessments are typically undertaken during the course; however participants are afforded up to 4 weeks to submit any incomplete items. Assessment requires access to workplace documentation such as previous quality audit reports, checklists, risk management plans and audit plans.
Our assessment process comprises in-class work activities and an individual written assessment. There are no post course assessments. The written assessment is reviewed regularly by the assessor during the program and again prior to the course conclusion. Those participants who are considered not yet competent are afforded multiple opportunities to review their submissions and seek clarification from the presenter before the end of the course.
These courses are delivered at your workplace... Australia wide.
We have recently delivered auditor training in Adelaide, Brisbane, Darwin, Melbourne, Newcastle, Perth, Port Hedland, Port Moresby, Sydney, Tom Price, We can facilitate auditor training at your workplace too.